Facebook

I recently read a lengthy interview with Mark Zuckerberg, the founder and CEO of Facebook, in which he explained his views on privacy.  Paraphrasing somewhat he suggested that people should show only one face to the world, so how you behave when with friends should be how you behave at work - you might say that this would mean there should be no such thing as a private part of your life according to his philosophy.  It strikes me as quite a naive view of the world, but maybe that's just me.

Imagine my surprise when  I visited his Facebook page only to find that he does not share all of his information!  No pictures are available aside from the little profile pic.  No information about him aside from his taste in films and books and this little quote: "About Mark:  I'm trying to make the world a more open place."

Presumably, he means more open for other people's information, but not his own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are items referred to in s.9’s as exhibits bound to be served?

Driving without insurance

National Identity Cards